Academy Advisory Board
Olive Academies Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) is led by a group of board members who bring a wealth of experience from different professional backgrounds, such as business, finance and education. They have strategic responsibility for the development of Olive Academies’ vision and values and the implementation of these in our academies. More information about OA’s board members is available here: www.oliveacademies.org.uk/about-us/
The MAT has established an academy advisory board (AAB) for each of its academies which acts in an advisory capacity reporting to the MAT board and which is encouraged to offer advice, support and challenge to the headteacher to manage the academy and ensure that its performance is of a high standard. The trust approves the appointments of AAB members.
OA AABs are crucial to the smooth running of our academies, as they provide fundamental input and guidance on the local context and on leading the academy – strong partnership working with local schools, communities, the local authority and other partners is vital to our success and to educational outcomes of children and young people who attend our academy.
- Penny Johnson, Independent Chair, Headteacher, Gray Convent School for Girls
- Mark Vickers, CEO, Olive Academies and Executive Headteacher at Olive AP Academy – Havering
- Darren Luckhurst, joint safeguarding Lead, Headteacher, Drapers’ Academy
- Matt Joyce, Regional Manager, Prospect
- Rosemary Leeke, Trustee and joint safeguarding lead, Olive Academies
- Mike Higgins, Assistant headteacher, Abbs Cross Academy
- David Mclean, Youth Offending Service Group Manager, London Borough of Havering
In addition, Janet James, Inclusion Manager, London Borough of Havering attends AAB meeting as a representative of the Local Authority.
At regular intervals, AAB members meet with student council representatives and student ambassadors to ensure that they hear the voices of OA children directly.
Read our report on the latest declarations of interest and attendance of the AAB members. To view minutes of meetings or to contact the chair of the AAB and MAT Board, please email email@example.com
You can also find the Olive AP Academy – Havering funding agreement and other key governance documents on our main Olive Academies website.