Working together with parents & carers
Our academy community recognises the importance of staff and parents/ carers working together so that our pupils receive the best possible support, make good progress and value their wellbeing. Communication promotes a partnership.
At Olive Academies we are committed to the following principles:
- we always welcome contact from parents and carers
- we respond as quickly and as fully as possible to parents and carers’ queries or concerns
- we actively involve parents and carers in our work with pupils
- we share information as often and as fully as possible with parents and carers.
At our academy:
- parent/carer meetings are offered half-termly to discuss written reports
- we offer regular meetings with parents/carers to agree educational provision for pupils
- parents/carers are most welcome at academy events (please see our academy event calendar)
Parents and carers can contact the academy office if they wish to raise anything to do with their child’s progress. T: 01708 478892 E: email@example.com
If you have any concerns about a child’s wellbeing, bullying or online safety, please contact the Designated Safeguarding Lead, Gary Haines, via the academy office. You can also contact Sarah Coe our academy’s Education welfare Officer if you would like any support or advice. You can also contact our SENCo, Sue Cox if you would like to discuss your child’s needs or additional support.
If you are seeking further support for you and your family please see the information and resources on our Safeguarding page.
Ofsted Parent View gives you the chance to tell Ofsted what you think about your child’s school, from the quality of teaching to dealing with bullying and poor behaviour. The survey can be completed at any time.
Should you wish to make a complaint please refer to our Complaints Policy in the first instance.